Monday, December 3, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
For months now I've been caught up in the cycle of needing to get just one more model to make my collection perfect. "I need this for my game!" "I need that for my game!" Doing so much to create the perfect game that I never play the game.
I bet there's a term for that.
Among the must-have items that I got to make the game perfect:
- Squirmydad's Steam Ram. A steam tank with nice customizing options.
- Steam Rocket Troopers from Dragnoz' Gods of Steam. The Rocket Troopers pdf uses layers for extra customizing and the Storm Troopers have been updated to use layers as well. So many choices!
- Cowboys and Indians from Arion Games. I observed the Queen's Diamond Jubilee by buying Cowboys and Indians. Go figure.
- WorldWorks' Deadman's Canyon. Wild west mesas.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
Osprey Wargames presents In Her Majesty’s Name: Steampunk Skirmish Wargaming Rules. Looking forward to seeing how the rules deal with the wild steam-powered technology that forms the backbone of Steampunk. Not planning on holding my breath, the book's not due until March 2013.
Osprey's offering is certainly welcome however there is no shortage of Steampunk/VSF rule sets:
- The popular and revered G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. rules support a wide range of adventures from Victorian Weird Science to Rayguns and Rocketships pulp.
- Adamant Entertainment offers both The Imperial Age series (d20 based) for Victorian Adventure and MARS (d20, Savage Worlds) for Barsoomian amusements.
- Speaking of interplanetary colonialism, the venerable Space:1889 covers Ether-space from Mecury to Mars and all points between.
- Blacksburg Tactical Research Center brings us Verne for their EABA system. Verne is well-grounded in both the fiction and the fact of the Victorian Era. As a bonus they provide a free character generator.
- From Cubicle 7 comes Victoriana and Abney Park's Airship Pirates. Victoriana blends classic RPG magic and fantasy with Victorian Romanticism while Abney Park's Airship Pirates looks to a dystopian Neo-Victorian future based on the band's music.
Check out the blog links to see what games people like. As for myself, I use a mash-up of Two Hour Wargames rules including Colonial Adventures and Larger Than Life. I've even thrown in All Things Zombie on occasion.
Monday, March 26, 2012
The Dramatis Personæ and scenery for a new adventure are almost assembled.
Or is it the fact that Violet Glory and a Pinkerton agent are lurking nearby that makes them so jumpy?
Monday, March 5, 2012
Reinforcements arriving from Victory Force:
New Special: Choose 4 WWII Packs for $35 | Victory Force Blog Site
Looks like a good time for me to get some Weird World War gaming in.